Senior Living in Concord, North Carolina
- Concord scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Concord scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Carolinas Medical Center-northeast and Carolinas Med Ctr-university).
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Andrews Living Center, CFA Living Center, and Edengardens of Concord.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 273 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Oaks Golf Club, Rocky River Golf Club At Concord, and Cabarrus Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Gifts & Garden by Angela, Mud Slingers Pottery & Glass Studio, and J.W. (Mickey) McGee Park.
- There are 154 churches in or near the city, including St James Catholic Church, First Christian Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,004, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,248, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,411, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,170 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,321 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.53%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Concord receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Concord has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Concord has an average population density of 629.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Concord have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Concord has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.37%.