Senior Living in Concord, New Hampshire
- Concord scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Concord scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Concord Hospital, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and New Hampshire Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Granite Ledges of Concord, Havenwood Heritage Heights, and The Birches at Concord.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Concord Country Club, Beaver Meadow Golf Club, and Duston Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Sandy Beach RV & Camping Resort).
- There are 118 churches in or near the city, including Grace Capital Church, Be Free Community, and Word of Life Christian Ctr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,487, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,244, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,749, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Concord receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Concord has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Concord has a sparse population density of 448.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Concord have a short daily commute time.
- Concord has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.19%.