Senior Living in Concord, Vermont
Top zip codes in Concord, VT: 05824
- Concord scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Concord scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp, and Littleton Regional Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Loch Lomond, St. Johnsbury Health and Rehab, and Canterbury Inn.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Lisbon Village Country Club, and Sunset Hill Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Crazy Horse Campground, Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain, and Littleton / Lisbon KOA.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Concord Community Church, Universalist Unitarian Church, and St John Evangelist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,024, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,730, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.20%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Concord receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Concord has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Concord has a very sparse population density of 22.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Concord have a short daily commute time.
- Concord has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.40%.