Senior Living in Concordia, Missouri
Top zip codes in Concordia, MO: 64020
- Concordia scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Concordia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Western Missouri Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Essex of Concordia, Lutheran Good Shepherd Home, and The Essex of Concordia.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Tri-City Country Club, Higginsville Country Club, and Hidden Pines Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Concordia Parks & Recreation, The Great Escape RV and Camp Resort, and Higginsville Park & Recreation.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Baptist Church, St Matthew Lutheran Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.85% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,664, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,235, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,551, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,770 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $59,860 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.72%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Concordia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Concordia has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Concordia has a very sparse population density of 33.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Concordia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Concordia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.16%.