Senior Living in Conestoga, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Conestoga, PA: 17516
- Conestoga scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Conestoga scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lancaster General Hospital, and Community Hosp Of Lancaster.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brereton Manor, Willow Valley Retirement Communities, and Magnolia Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 170 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Crossgates Golf Course, Conestoga Country Club, and Lancaster Host Golf Resort.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lancaster County Central Park, Longs Park, and Susquehannock State Park.
- There are 153 churches in or near the city, including Wagner B Bruce Rev, Conner Richard W, and Colemanville United Methodist.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 118 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 64 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,477, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,406, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,819, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.03%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conestoga receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Conestoga has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Conestoga has a sparse population density of 216.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conestoga have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Conestoga has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.01%.