Senior Living in Conklin, New York
Top zip codes in Conklin, NY: 13748
- Conklin scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Conklin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including United Health Services Hosps, Binghamton Psychiatric Center, and Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hearth Management LLC, United Methodist Homes, and Good Shepherd Fairview Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Conklin Players Club, Vestal Hills Country Club, and Chenango Commons Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Schnurbusch Park, Recreation Park, and Lakeside Campground.
- There are 54 churches in or near the city, including Little White Church, Conklin First Presbyterian Chr, and St John Evangelist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,306, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,026, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,852, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.67%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conklin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Conklin has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Conklin has a sparse population density of 287.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conklin have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Conklin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.51%.