Senior Living in Connellsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Connellsville, PA: 15425
- Connellsville scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Connellsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Highlands Hospital and Excela Health Frick Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Specht Private Care, Sunshine Estate Personal Care Home, and Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Country Club, Wyndon Links, and Linden Hall Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort, Fallingwater, and Hazelbaker Recreational Services.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Evangelist Church, St Rita\'s Catholic Church, and Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,226, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,944, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,349, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.35%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Connellsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Connellsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Connellsville has a sparse population density of 345.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Connellsville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Connellsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.04%.