Senior Living in Conover, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Conover, NC: 28613
- Conover scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Conover scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Frye Regional Medical Center and Catawba Valley Medical Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Choice Health Management Services, Heritage Care of Conover, and Conover Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 188 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Rock Barn Golf And Spa -North Ridge/South Lakes, Rock Barn Golf and Spa (Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Course at Rock Barn Golf and Spa), and Links at Oliver\'s Landing, The.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Riverbend Park - Catawba County, NC, Neill W. Clark Jr. Recreation Park, and Glenn C. Hilton, Jr. Memorial Park.
- There are 123 churches in or near the city, including Oxford Baptist Church, Emmanuel Baptist Church, and New Life Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 74 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,669, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,270, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,429, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,559 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,270 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.21%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conover receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Conover has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Conover has an average population density of 532.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conover have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Conover has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.94%.