Senior Living in Conrad, Iowa
Top zip codes in Conrad, IA: 50621
- Conrad scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Conrad scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Grundy County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakview, Oak Estates, and Grundy Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakwood Public Golf Course, South Hardin Recreation Area, and Town & Country Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Brekke Memorial County Park, Daisy Long Memorial County Park, and Charles F. Long Wildlife Woods.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Alice Church of God, Alice Church of God, and Alice Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,483, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,159, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,771, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,600 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,373 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.25%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conrad receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Conrad has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Conrad has a very sparse population density of 24.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conrad have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Conrad has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.83%.