Senior Living in Conroe, Texas
- Conroe scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Conroe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s The Woodlands Hospital, St Lukes Lakeside Hospital, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Angelhaven Personal Care Home, The Wellington at Conroe, and Park Manor of Conroe.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 178 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including River Plantation Country Club -Augusta/Biloxi, Wedgewood Golf Course, and Panorama Country Club -Blue/Red.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Carl Barton Junior Park, Heather\'s Glen, and McDade Park.
- There are 64 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Parish, and North Side Baptist Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 54 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,402, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,850, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,936, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conroe receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Conroe has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Conroe has an average population density of 662.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conroe have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Conroe has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.10%.