Senior Living in Conroy, Iowa
Top zip codes in Conroy, IA: 52220
- Conroy scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Conroy scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Marengo Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Ridge Senior Living, Highland Ridge, and Rose Haven Nursing Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Marengo Golf Club, Stone Creek Country Club, and Amana Colonies Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Sleepy Hollow Campground and Hannen Park).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Amana Church Society Office and St Mary\'s Catholic Church).
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,395, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,054, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,057, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.50%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conroy receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Conroy has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Conroy has an average population density of 514.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conroy have an average daily commute time.
- Conroy has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.70%.