Senior Living in Constantia, New York
Top zip codes in Constantia, NY: 13044
- Constantia scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Constantia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rogers Senior Apartments, The Cottages at Garden Grove, and Good Samaritan Society - Atwood.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Greenview Country Club -Greenvalley, North Shore Golf Course, and Skyline Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Up Country family campground, Bass Lake Resort, and Oneida Shores County Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Wood Neil C, St Agnes Roman Catholic Church, and Hill Irving G.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,627, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,955, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,382, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.52%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Constantia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Constantia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Constantia has a very sparse population density of 90.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Constantia have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Constantia has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.12%.