Senior Living in Constantine, Michigan
Top zip codes in Constantine, MI: 49042
- Constantine scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Constantine scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Three Rivers Health, Three Rivers Area Hospital, and Sturgis Hospital.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland Health Care Center-Three Rivers, Bowman Place , and Fairview Nursing and Rehabilitation Community.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Hemlock Course at Pine View Golf Club, Sauganash Country Club, and Island Hills Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Elkhart Co. / Middlebury KOA, Shipshewana Campground North & Amish Log Cabin Lodging, and Eby\'s Pines RV Park & Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Florence Church of Brethren, Corey Church of Nazarene, and Agape Family Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,991, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,331, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,483, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.90%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Constantine receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Constantine has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Constantine has a very sparse population density of 89.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Constantine have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Constantine has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.43%.