Senior Living in Convent, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Convent, LA: 70723
- Convent scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Convent scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St James Parish Hospital and St James Parish Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chateau St. James Rehab and Retirement, Chateau D\'ville Rehab and Retirement, and Azalea Estates.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Pelican Point Golf Club, Gonzales Country Club, and Riverdale Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Poche Plantation RV Park, Sugar Hill RV Park, and Convent RV Park & Mobile Home Rentals.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including St Michael\'s Church, St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, and St James Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $40,336, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $30,333, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,633, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,225 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $30,888 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.71%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 7% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Convent receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Convent has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Convent has a very sparse population density of 68.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Convent have a long daily commute time.
- Convent has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 56.61%.