Senior Living in Converse, Indiana
Top zip codes in Converse, IN: 46919
- Converse scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Converse scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wabash County Hospital, Marion General Hospital, and Dukes Memorial Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Suite Living Retirement Community, Century Villa Health Care and Rehabilitation, and Brookdale Marion.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Honeywell Golf Course, Marion Elks Country Club, and Meshingomesia Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Rainbow Christian Camp and Matter Park).
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Converse Church of Christ, Amboy United Methodist Church, and Jerome Christian Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,055, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,250, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,139, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.91%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Converse receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Converse has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Converse has a very sparse population density of 56.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Converse have an average daily commute time.
- Converse has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.44%.