Senior Living in Converse, Texas
Top zip codes in Converse, TX: 78109
- Converse scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Converse scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northeast Methodist Hospital, Northeast Baptist Hospital, and Southeast Baptist Hospital.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Miramar Home Care, Brooks Home For Seniors, and Army Residence Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 233 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Carmach Lake Golf Course, Randolph Oaks Golf Course, and Woodlake Country Club.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Eberle Park, Universal City Veterans Park, and Cut Off Park.
- There are 129 churches in or near the city, including Maranatha Baptist Church, St Monica Catholic Church, and St Monica\'s Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 121 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,239, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,896, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,838, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,230 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Converse receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Converse has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Converse has a dense population density of 1,654.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Converse have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Converse has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.21%.