Senior Living in Conway, Arkansas
- Conway scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Conway scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Conway Regional Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village Park of Conway, Southridge Village of Conway, and Salem Place Nursing and Rehabilitation, Inc..
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Centennial Valley Golf & Athletic Club, Cadron Valley Country Club, and Conway Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Conway Parks & Recreation, Laurel Park, and Toad Suck Park.
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Harlan Park Baptist Church, and Central Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,291, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,131, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,103, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,635 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,726 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conway receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Conway has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Conway has a dense population density of 3,268.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conway have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Conway has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.56%.