Senior Living in Conway, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Conway, NH: 03818
- Conway scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Conway scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Memorial Hospital, The and Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mineral Springs, Community Living For Elderly, and Merriman House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Hale\'s Location Country Club, North Conway Country Club, and Waterville Valley Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Pine Knoll Campground, Tamworth Camping Area, and Chocorua KOA.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Bartlett Union Congregational Church, First Church of Christ, and Our Lady of Mountains.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,031, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,141, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,271, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.02%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conway receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Conway has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Conway has a very sparse population density of 44.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conway have a short daily commute time.
- Conway has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.60%.