Senior Living in Conyers, Georgia
- Conyers scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Conyers scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Rockdale Medical Center and Dekalb Medical Center At Hillandale).
- There are 99 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Circle Personal Care Home, The Magnolias Senior Living , and Morningside of Conyers.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Highland Golf Club, Cherokee Run Golf Club, and Honey Creek Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Georgia International Horse Park, Salem Camp Ground, and Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including St Simon\'s Episcopal Church, Grace Tabernacle, and Belmont Baptist Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 102 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,573, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,911, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,265, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.82%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conyers receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Conyers has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Conyers has an average population density of 766.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conyers have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Conyers has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.07%.