Senior Living in Conyngham, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Conyngham, PA: 18219
- Conyngham scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Conyngham scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and Berwick Hospital Center.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Laurels Senior Living Community, Fritzingertown Senior Living Community, and Corrigan House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Sugarloaf Golf Club, Valley Country Club, and Sand Springs Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Moyers Grove Campground, Council Cup Campground, and Nescopeck State Park.
- There are 62 churches in or near the city, including Christ Evangelical Lutheran, Conyngham United Methodist Chr, and St John Bosco Parish Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,648, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,841, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,815, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Conyngham receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Conyngham has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Conyngham has a dense population density of 1,738.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Conyngham have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Conyngham has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.04%.