Senior Living in Cook, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Cook, NE: 68329
- Cook scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Cook scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Community Memorial Hospital and Johnson County Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridgeview Towers, Belle Terrace, and Good Samaritan Society - Syracuse.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Syracuse Golf Course, Auburn Country Club, and Arbor Links Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sterling Village Park, Syracuse Parks & Recreation, and Syracuse Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God Church, Syracuse Baptist Church, and Brock Christian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.95% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,903, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,381, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,732, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cook receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cook has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cook has a very sparse population density of 9.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cook have an average daily commute time.
- Cook has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.15%.