Senior Living in Cookeville, Tennessee
- Cookeville scores lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Cookeville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Plateau Mental Health Center, Cookeville Regional Medical Center, and Cookeville Regional Med Center.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morningside of Cookeville, Signature Healthcare of Putnam County, and Bethesda Health Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Belle Acres Golf Course, Cookeville Country Club, and Ironwood Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Dogwood Park, Cane Creek Park, and Hidden Hollow Park.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Church of God of Prophecy, Algood Church of Christ, and Algood Church of God.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,677, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,740, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,680, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,088 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.99%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cookeville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cookeville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cookeville has a dense population density of 4,717.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cookeville have a short daily commute time.
- Cookeville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.65%.