Senior Living in Cooleemee, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Cooleemee, NC: 27014
- Cooleemee scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Cooleemee scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Davie County Hospital, W.g. (bill) Hefner Salisbury Va Medical Center (sa, and Rowan Regional Medical Center.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Care of Mocksville, The Heritage of Cedar Rock, and Somerset Court of Mocksville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club Of Salisbury, Crescent Golf Club, and Pudding Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Boone\'s Cave Park, Salisbury Community Park, and Lake Myers RV & Camping Resort.
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including Edgewood Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Blaise Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.94% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $40,503, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $27,738, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,943, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,150 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.81%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cooleemee receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cooleemee has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cooleemee has an average population density of 1,346.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cooleemee have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cooleemee has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.09%.