Senior Living in Coopers Plains, New York
Top zip codes in Coopers Plains, NY: 14827
- Coopers Plains scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Coopers Plains scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Corning Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Square Senior Village, Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Three Rivers LLC, and Brookdale Painted Post.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Hills Golf Club, Corning Country Club, and Pinnacle State Park Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Erwin Mountain State Forest, Camp Bell Campground, and Pinnacle State Park Lodge.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Mather Francis L, Hope Christian Academy, and Boell Robert P.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $29,685, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $24,045, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,073, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coopers Plains receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Coopers Plains has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coopers Plains has a dense population density of 2,122.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coopers Plains have a very short daily commute time.
- Coopers Plains has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.