Senior Living in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Coopersburg, PA: 18036
- Coopersburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Coopersburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s Quakertown Hospital, St Luke\'s Hospital Bethlehem, and Good Shepherd Rehab Hospital.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Mount Trexler Manor, and Sacred Heart Senior Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 421 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Locust Valley Golf Club, Tumblebrook Golf Course, and Maple/Oak Course at Wedgewood Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Bicentennial Park, Men-O-Lan Christian Camp and Retreat Center, and Elmwood Park.
- There are 277 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, St James Lutheran Church, and St Paul Lutheran Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 193 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 158 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $97,172, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,458, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,058, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coopersburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Coopersburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coopersburg has a sparse population density of 437.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coopersburg have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Coopersburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.69%.