Senior Living in Coopersville, Michigan
Top zip codes in Coopersville, MI: 49404
- Coopersville scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Coopersville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Ottawa Community Hospital).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cameo House, Fountain View Retirement Vlg, and Metron of Lamont.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Sand Creek Golf Club, Western Greens Country Club, and Terra Verde Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Indian Trails Camp, Central Park, and Baldwin Oaks Campground, LLC..
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including Grace Lutheran Church, County Line Baptist Church, and St Michael\'s Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,045, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,342, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,152, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coopersville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Coopersville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Coopersville has a sparse population density of 132.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coopersville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Coopersville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.32%.