Senior Living in Copenhagen, New York
Top zip codes in Copenhagen, NY: 13626
- Copenhagen scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Copenhagen scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lewis County General Hospital and Samaritan Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Samaritan Summit Village , Samaritan Keep Nursing Home, and The Country Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Carlowden Country Club, Cedars Golf Course, and White Pines Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tuggers, Thompson Park Zoo and Conservancy, and Flat Rock Inn.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Jacobs Carl F, COG Soldiers of Jesus Christ, and Lees Gerald B.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,848, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,769, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,623, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.97%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Copenhagen receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Copenhagen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Copenhagen has a very sparse population density of 22.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Copenhagen have a short daily commute time.
- Copenhagen has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.11%.