Senior Living in Copiague, New York
Top zip codes in Copiague, NY: 11726
- Copiague scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Copiague scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brunswick General Hospital, South Oaks Hospital, and Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 90 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Broadlawn Manor Nursing and Rehab Center, The Bristal at Massapequa, and Dominican Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 748 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 132 golf courses in or around the city, including Bergen Point Golf Club, Peninsula Golf Club, and Lakes/Pines Course at Colonial Springs Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Bethpage State Park, Robert Moses State Park, and Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve.
- There are 227 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Ame Church, Full Gospel Christian Church, and Our Lady of Assumption Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 426 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 263 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,803, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,789, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,456, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Copiague receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Copiague has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Copiague has a dense population density of 7,735.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Copiague have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Copiague has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.32%.