Senior Living in Coral, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Coral, PA: 15731
- Coral scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Coral scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Torrance State Hospital and Indiana Regional Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Zele\'s Boarding Home, Beacon Ridge Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility, and St. Andrew\'s Village.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Chestnut Ridge Course at Chestnut Ridge Golf Club, Indiana VFW Country Club, and Indiana Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Saylor Park, Pine Ridge Park, and L & M Campgrounds.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Homer City United Presbyterian, Logan John A, and Kitner Charles S.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,056, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,464, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,568, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.94%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coral receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Coral has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Coral has an average population density of 1,323.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coral have a very short daily commute time.
- Coral has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.50%.