Senior Living in Coralville, Iowa
Top zip codes in Coralville, IA: 52241
- Coralville scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Coralville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Iowa City Va Medical Center, University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, and Mercy Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lantern Park Specialty Care, Windmill Manor of Coralville, and Country View Senior Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Brown Deer Golf Club, Finkbine Golf Course, and Elks Country Club.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including North Ridge Park, Edgewater Park, and Thornberry Off-leash Dog Park.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including Coralville United Methodist, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and First Christian Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,883, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,273, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,000, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,953 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,383 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.77%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coralville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Coralville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Coralville has a dense population density of 1,591.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coralville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Coralville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.59%.