Senior Living in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Coraopolis, PA: 15108
- Coraopolis scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Coraopolis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ohio Valley General Hospital, Kindred Hospital-pittsburgh, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including West Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, Masonic Village at Sewickley, and Caring Heights Community Care and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 352 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Par 3 Championship Course at Scally\'s Golf Center, Montour Heights Country Club, and Bon Air Golf Course.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Leopold Lake Park, Settlers Cabin Park, and Old Economy Village.
- There are 214 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, First Baptist Church, and St Malachy Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 177 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 132 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,014, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,779, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,084, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coraopolis receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coraopolis has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Coraopolis has an average population density of 1,017.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coraopolis have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Coraopolis has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.52%.