Senior Living in Cordova, Tennessee
- Cordova scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Cordova scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lakeside Behavioral Hlth Syst, Saint Francis Bartlett Medical Center, and Baptist Rehabilitation Germantown.
- There are 87 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grace Healthcare of Cordova, Bellevue Woods Retirement, and Brookdale Cordova.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 457 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Memphis Country Club, The, Cordova Club Golf Course, and Colonial Country Club -North.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Shelby Farms Dog Park, Wolf River Trails, and Shelby Farms Park.
- There are 255 churches in or near the city, including Faith Anglican Church, Cordova Baptist Church, and Bellevue Baptist Church.
- There are 39 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 247 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,892, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,647, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,584, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,520 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $74,095 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,124 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,125 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.79%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cordova receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cordova has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cordova has a dense population density of 2,077.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cordova have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cordova has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.52%.