Senior Living in Corfu, New York
Top zip codes in Corfu, NY: 14036
- Corfu scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Corfu scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Genesee Park Place Associate, New York State Veterans\' Home at Batavia, and The Brothers of Mercy .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Chestnut Hill Country Club, Gold/White Course at Rothland Golf Course, and Red/Gold Course at Rothland Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Darien Lake Amusement Park, Darien Lakes State Park, and Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church, North Darien Baptist Church, and Indian Falls Methodist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,709, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,407, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,027, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.07%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corfu receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Corfu has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Corfu has a very sparse population density of 96.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corfu have an average daily commute time.
- Corfu has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.26%.