Senior Living in Cornelius, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Cornelius, NC: 28031
- Cornelius scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Cornelius scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Presbyterian Hospital Huntersville and Lake Norman Regional Medical Center).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Care of Cornelius, Glens at Birkdale Commons, and Glenkat.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 231 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Peninsula Club, The, North Stone Club, and Skybrook Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Jetton Park, Lucky Dog Bark & Brew, and Bailey Road Park.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Community in Christ Lutheran, Mt Zion United Methodist Chr, and Torrence Chapel Ame Zion Chr.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 113 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $112,122, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,480, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,301, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,170 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,321 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.68%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cornelius receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cornelius has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cornelius has a dense population density of 1,738.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cornelius have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cornelius has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.26%.