Senior Living in Cornelius, Oregon
Top zip codes in Cornelius, OR: 97113
- Cornelius scores higher than the Oregon average of 67.
- Cornelius scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tuality Community Hospital).
- There are 105 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Forest Grove Rehabilitation and Care Center, Marquis Forest Grove Post Acute Rehab, and The Grove and Gardens.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 149 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Reserve Vineyards & Golf Club, The, Executive Course at Meriwether National Golf Club, and Ghost Creek at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve, Rood Bridge Park, and Hondo Dog Park.
- There are 93 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Lutheran Church, Emanuel Lutheran Church, and St Alexander Catholic Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 120 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,905, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,638, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,925, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,553 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,920 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.64%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cornelius receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cornelius has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Cornelius has a sparse population density of 398.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cornelius have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cornelius has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.15%.