Senior Living in Cornell, Illinois
Top zip codes in Cornell, IL: 61319
- Cornell scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Cornell scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Marys Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evergreen Place Supportive Living, Heritage Health-Streator, and Grandma\'s House.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Creeks Golf Course, Twin Creeks, and Anderson Fields Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Bayou Bluffs, Humiston Woods Nature Preserve, and Sunbury Railroad Prairie Nature Preserve.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Ancona Church of Christ, St Stephen\'s, and Community Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,966, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,869, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,265, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,220 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.51%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cornell receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cornell has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cornell has a very sparse population density of 26.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cornell have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cornell has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.81%.