Senior Living in Corning, New York
Top zip codes in Corning, NY: 14830
- Corning scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Corning scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Corning Hospital and Arnot Ogden Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Corning Center, First Street Community Residence, and Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Three Rivers LLC.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Corning Country Club, Pines/Bitter Creek Course at Willowcreek Golf Club, and Indian Hills Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Big Flats Little League, Erwin Mountain State Forest, and Pinnacle State Park Lodge.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Whittaker Earl L, Aebersold Ronald Rev, and Boell Robert P.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,396, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,879, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corning receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Corning has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Corning has a sparse population density of 220.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corning have a very short daily commute time.
- Corning has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.48%.