Senior Living in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Corpus Christi scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Corpus Christi scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi, Ihs Hospital Of Corpus Christi, and Surgicare Specialty Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Windsor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center of Corpus Christi, Retama Manor Nursing Center/Corpus Christi North, and Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 262 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Gabe Lozano Senior Golf Course, Corpus Christi Country Club, and Oso Beach Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including Corpus Christi Funeral Home, Rose Hill Memorial Park, and Ben Garza Park.
- There are 85 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and Templo Elim Assemblies of God.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,177, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,424, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,683, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $29,640 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,931 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corpus Christi receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Corpus Christi has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Corpus Christi has a dense population density of 2,202.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corpus Christi have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Corpus Christi has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 80.01%.