Senior Living in Corryton, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Corryton, TN: 37721
- Corryton scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Corryton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Medical Center).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Adult Day Services, Beverly Park Place Health and Rehab, and Elmcroft of Halls.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Three Ridges Golf Course, Beaver Brook Golf & Country Club, and Whittle Springs Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including House Mountain State Natural Area, Halls Community Park, and New Harvest Park.
- There are 103 churches in or near the city, including Corryton Baptist Church, Boatman Dana L, and Clear Springs Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,418, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,531, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,055, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,250 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,074 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,138 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corryton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Corryton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Corryton has a sparse population density of 258.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corryton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Corryton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.37%.