Senior Living in Corsica, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Corsica, PA: 15829
- Corsica scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Corsica scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brookville Hospital, Clarion Hospital, and Clarion Psychiatric Center.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dr Arthur Clifton Mckinley Center, Jefferson Manor Health Center, and Golden LivingCenter - Clarion.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Iron & Woods Golf Course, Pinecrest Country Club, and Clarion Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Penn Wood Airstream Park, White\'s Haven Campground, and Shiloh Resort.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Summerville Church of Christ, First Church of God, and Bullock Ellen L.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,614, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,846, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,350, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.79%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corsica receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Corsica has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Corsica has a very sparse population density of 36.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corsica have an average daily commute time.
- Corsica has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.29%.