Senior Living in Corsica, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Corsica, SD: 57328
- Corsica scores higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Corsica scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Douglas County Mem Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Corsica, Leisure Living Apartments, and Prairie Villa.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Fish Lake Country Club, Randall Hills Country Club, and Lakeview Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including DeBoer Pheasant Hunting, Raysby Waterfowl Production Area, and South Dakota Pheasant Acres.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Aurora Reformed Church and Aurora Reformed Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,827, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,179, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,991, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.39%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corsica receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Corsica has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Corsica has a very sparse population density of 7.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corsica have a very short daily commute time.
- Corsica has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.34%.