Senior Living in Cortez, Florida
Top zip codes in Cortez, FL: 34215
- Cortez scores significantly higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Cortez scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Blake Medical Center and Manatee Memorial Hospital).
- There are 68 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bradenton Health Care, Freedom Village at Bradenton, and The Nursing Center at Freedom Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 212 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (65% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Key Royale Club, Timber Creek Golf Course, and El Conquistador Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Holiday Cove RV Resort, Palma Sola Botanical Park, and G.T. Bray Park Recreation Center.
- There are 87 churches in or near the city, including Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, St Bernard Catholic Church, and Emmanuel United Methodist Chr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 81 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,382, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,064, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,522, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,660 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,475 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,718 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.96%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cortez receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cortez has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cortez has a dense population density of 1,741.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cortez have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cortez has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.86%.