Senior Living in Cortland, New York
Top zip codes in Cortland, NY: 13045
- Cortland scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Cortland scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cortland Regional Medical Center, Inc).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cortland Regional Medical Center Nursing & Rehab Center, Crown Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Cortland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Elm Tree Golf Course, Cortland Country Club, and Walden Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Cortland Country Music Park-Campground, Lime Hollow Center for Environment and Culture, and Country Hills Campground.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Groton Assembly of God).
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,538, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,403, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,346, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cortland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cortland has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cortland has a sparse population density of 282.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cortland have a very short daily commute time.
- Cortland has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.65%.