Senior Living in Corunna, Indiana
Top zip codes in Corunna, IN: 46730
- Corunna scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Corunna scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Parkview Noble Hospital, Community Hosp Of Noble County, and Dekalb Memorial Hospital Inc.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lutheran Life Villages - The Village at Kendallville, Kendallville Manor, and Chandler Place.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Noble Hawk Golf Links, Elks Country Club, and Cobblestone Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site and Gene Stratton Porter State Memorial).
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Corunna Church of Christ, First Church of God, and Kendallville Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,329, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,857, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,235, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.89%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corunna receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Corunna has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Corunna has a very sparse population density of 49.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corunna have a short daily commute time.
- Corunna has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.29%.