Senior Living in Corunna, Michigan
Top zip codes in Corunna, MI: 48817
- Corunna scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Corunna scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Healthcare).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pat\'s Place, Shiawassee County Medical Care Facility Pleasant View, and Scollons Adult Foster Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Corunna Hills Golf Course, Bennington Golf Club & Driving Range, and Owosso Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Holiday Shores RV Resort, DeVries Nature Conservancy, and Flushing Township Nature Park.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Owosso Church of Christ, and 7Th Day Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,187, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,559, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,065, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $108,770 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corunna receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Corunna has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Corunna has a sparse population density of 108.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corunna have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Corunna has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.27%.