Senior Living in Cory, Indiana
Top zip codes in Cory, IN: 47846
- Cory scores significantly higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Cory scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Vincent Clay Hospital Inc, Terre Haute Regional Hospital, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cobblestone Crossings Health Campus, Bethesda Gardens, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Southwood.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Hoosier Hills Golf Course, Hulman Links Golf Course, and Indiana State University Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Terre Haute KOA, Fowler Park, and Dobbs Park Nature Center.
- There are 45 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s United Church-Christ, First Christian Church, and Central Christian Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,642, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,637, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,320 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,973 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cory receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cory has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cory has a very sparse population density of 20.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cory have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cory has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.