Senior Living in Corydon, Indiana
Top zip codes in Corydon, IN: 47112
- Corydon scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Corydon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Harrison County Hospital and Harrison County Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Corydon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Indian Creek, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Harrison.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Old Capital Golf Club, New Salisbury Golf Course, and Bobby Nichols Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Grand Trails RV Park, O\'Bannon Woods State Park, and Harrison-Crawford State Forest.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church, Cross of Calvary Baptist, and Fellowship Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,180, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,347, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,548, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.54%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corydon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Corydon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Corydon has a sparse population density of 103.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corydon have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Corydon has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.50%.