Senior Living in Corydon, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Corydon, KY: 42406
- Corydon scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Corydon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Methodist Hospital Union County and Methodist Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Caky Homes, Breckinridge Place, and Redbanks Colonial Terrace.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Breckenridge Golf & Country Club, Henderson Municipal Golf Course, and Players Club of Henderson.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Audubon Mill Park, Fish & Wildlife Department, and Higginson-Henry Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Corydon Missionary Baptist Chr, Mt Pleasant Baptist Church, and Bordley Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,994, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,138, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,112, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.35%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Corydon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Corydon has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Corydon has a very sparse population density of 33.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Corydon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Corydon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.99%.