Senior Living in Cos Cob, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Cos Cob, CT: 06807
- Cos Cob scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Cos Cob scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Greenwich Hospital Association, Stamford Hospital, and New York United Hosp Med Ctr.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edgehill , Witherell, Nathaniel, and The Parsonage Cottage Senior Residence.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 437 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 215 golf courses in or around the city, including Burning Tree Country Club, Greenwich Country Club, and Milbrook Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens, New Canaan Nature Center, and Playland Park.
- There are 202 churches in or near the city, including St Catherine of Siena, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and St Agnes Rectory.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 303 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 304 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $213,191, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $140,208, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $80,629, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cos Cob receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cos Cob has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cos Cob has a dense population density of 2,273.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cos Cob have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cos Cob has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.04%.