Senior Living in Cosby, Missouri
Top zip codes in Cosby, MO: 64436
- Cosby scores significantly higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Cosby scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Heartland Regional Medical Center and Nw Missouri Psych Rehab Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shady Lawn Living Center, Vintage Gardens North of St Joseph, and Living Community of St Joseph.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Moila Country Club, Duncan Hills Golf Course, and St. Joseph Country Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including AOK Campground & RV Park LLC, Totally RC, and Eagles Field.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including Frederick Blvd Baptist Church, Eastside Baptist Church, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,112, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,474, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,352, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,780 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $59,221 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cosby receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cosby has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cosby has a very sparse population density of 24.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cosby have a very short daily commute time.
- Cosby has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.85%.